Today's Course Conditions
Sunday, October 25th, 2020.
The golf course opens at 7:30.
Greens aeration was completed on Wednesday, September 30th. All greens are back open.
Longshore Golf Course 2020 Opening Local Rules:
Below is a detailed list of all local rules that have been put in place in response to the current pandemic. We ask that all customers please read these rules carefully before booking a tee time or coming to Longshore this season. All details that follow are subject to change. Please note that neglect of these rules may result in closure of the facility.
General Property Info:
- Social distancing must be maintained while on the property. All players must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from each other.
- All customers must wear a face covering during check-in. Players may remove face coverings during their round only while maintaining distances of 6 feet or more.
- Update: The pro shop is now open for merchandise purchases. Capacity is limited to 2 customers at a time. The locker rooms/restrooms are now open. The halfway house and handicap computer room remain closed to the public.
- Restrooms will be available through porta-johns in our usual locations (7th and 13th holes), as well as the halfway house and pro shop. These will be cleaned several times a day for your safety.
- Update: Carts are available on a first come, first served basis. All customers may ride two players to a cart. Those choosing to do so must wear masks while riding and may not change their position on the cart during the round (driver must drive entire round). All carts must be returned by 7:30 P.M. Players may bring their own pull carts. Exceptions to mask rule include spouses and immediate family.
- Update: Practice range, practice green, and practice bunker are now open. Customers must bring exact change cash ($6) for range balls.
- To keep our facility as safe as possible, players must leave immediately after their round (no congregating in parking lot).
- Tee times will be at 10-minute intervals. The no show policy will be strictly enforced.
- All players must have a reservation. No walk up play will be allowed. All reservations must be made through our online reservation system or smart phone application, including same day play. No telephone reservations will be accepted. Same day reservations may be made up to one hour prior to the desired tee time.
- Check-in will be handled at the window to the left of the front pro shop entrance. Signage and ground markings will direct customers where to go.
- Payments for golf must be made through credit cards or pre-purchased gift certificates. A swipe will be provided at the window for customers to swipe their card while the staff handles the remainder of the transaction through the window. No receipts will be given.
- Customers wishing to purchase items from the pro shop may call ahead (203-221-0900) and pay for an item over the phone. The item will be wiped (if possible), bagged and placed outside the door at check-in.
- Scorecards and pencils will not be available.
- Flagsticks are not to be removed. Foam inserts will be placed in the hole. It is suggested that a shot is considered “holed” when the ball hits the foam. Once it is a player’s turn to putt, he or she should continue putting until they have holed out. This will help keep social distancing and promote pace of play.
- Bunker rakes have been removed. We ask that players smooth sand with their feet after using bunkers.
- Water fountains, ball washers, and trash cans will not be available. If you choose to bring anything that produces trash, please place in your golf bag and dispose of at home.
Although we will continue to sanitize and make every effort to provide a healthy environment, PLEASE MAKE RESPONSIBLE DECISIONS, BASED ON YOUR PERSONAL RISK PROFILE, ON WHETHER TO EXPOSE YOURSELF TO OTHERS AND THE GOLF COURSE.
We will continue to provide outdoor recreation to our customers during this heightened alert period as long as everyone obeys the above safety practices. We will continue to monitor the recommendations by the CDC, local, state and national authorities and keep you updated on changes at the course. IF YOU, A FAMILY MEMBER OR SOMEONE YOU HAVE BEEN IN CONTACT WITH HAS RESPIRATORY SYMPTOMS, PARTICULARLY A FEVER, PLEASE DO NOT VISIT LONGSHORE.